Many patients know that dental insurance covers treatments deemed necessary for oral health, so if insurance doesn’t cover dental implants, that must mean this advanced tooth replacement technique isn’t necessary, right? Actually, dental insurance agencies are notoriously behind the times. Until the 1990s, most insurers considered orthodontic treatment a purely cosmetic service. Additionally, most benefit plans have had the same annual maximums ($1000 to $1500) since the 1960s. Though more dentists than ever before are recommending implant supported tooth replacement as the ideal solution, dental insurance providers are still not offering coverage, but dentists hope they will be soon. In the meantime, your dentist will likely recommend implant supported tooth replacement for its many benefits, and there are many ways dentists can help you offset the costs of dental implants.
Benefits of Implant Tooth Replacement
Even though dental implants are not typically covered by insurance, your dentist will likely continue to recommend these services because they offer numerous benefits, including:
- Longevity – implant supported restorations can last two decades or longer with proper care compared with other tooth replacement options that need to be replaced every five to ten years.
- Stability – implant supported restorations function much more closely to healthy natural tooth structure. Even dentures supported by implants can replace up to 70% of chewing function compared with just 20% for traditional dentures.
- Optimal oral health – because the implants replace the roots of missing teeth, they are able to provide the necessary stimulation to maintain gum tissue volume and jawbone density.
Making Dental Implants Affordable
If you do decide to move forward with implant supported tooth replacement, your dentist can help you fit the cost of these services into your budget. Some of the ways we can make dental implant tooth replacement more affordable include:
- Using dental insurance benefits for preparatory treatments like tooth extraction as well as replacement teeth.
- Working with third party financiers to provide low and no interest payment plans.
- Utilizing funds from your health savings account or flexible spending account.
Meet Dr. Boyd
Skilled and caring Fort Worth implant dentist, John G. Boyd, DDS, offers affordable dental implant supported tooth replacement options. Working with the knowledgeable dentistry team at West 7th Smiles, Dr. Boyd will help you fit the costs of your implant tooth replacement plan into your budget. When you’re ready to get started, call our Fort Worth dental office to schedule a tooth replacement consultation with our team. We’ll review every step of the implant tooth replacement process including the costs of service and help you budget for these treatments.