Dr. John G. Boyd and his professional team bring a wealth of skills, training, innovative technology and quality materials to West 7th Smiles.Their approach is comprehensive, delivering exactly what you and your family need in preventive, restorative and cosmetic dental treatments all at one convenient location. He should be your family dentist in Fort Worth!
Family Dentistry Begins with Prevention
From children to seniors, patients receive complete dental care at West 7th Smiles, beginning with the comprehensive oral exam and cleaning. Your one-on-one appointment with Dr. Boyd and his team involves these critical aspects of of preventive dentistry:
- Visual inspection for dental decay
- Periodontal probing to check for gum disease
- Assessment of dental bite, TMJ function (temporomandibular joint) and sleep apnea (snoring and associated breathing problems)
- Comfortable oral cancer screening
- Scaling and polishing of teeth to remove plaque and tartar
- Nightguards to protect against tooth grinding (bruxism)
These semi-annual visits provide opportunities for patient teaching, especially for children. The dentist also can advise parents if their youngsters would benefit from plastic sealants to protect their molars from decay.
Of course, Dr. Boyd formulates a complete treatment plant for each individual. He values patient input on treatment plans and wishes to discuss any questions or concerns people have about their dental health and aesthetic smile goals.
Family Dentistry Provides Restorative Care
With even the best of preventive care, dental problems still can occur from time to time. With leading-edge expertise, Dr. Boyd takes smiles with decay, gaps, gum disease, and other problems and brings them to full health. His restorative services include:
- Tooth-colored fillings made with composite resin that bonds directly to healthy enamel
- All-porcelain crowns to cover and support failing teeth
- Full or partial dentures to normalize eating, speech, and appearance
- Beautiful bridgework to span gaps created by missing teeth
- Dental implant restorations and implant-supported dentures to replace one or more missing teeth
Cosmetic Dentistry Improves Smile Aesthetics
While your oral health is very important, how your smile appears critical to your overall well-being and self-confidence. As an accredited member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Boyd combines skill and artistry to enhance healthy teeth and gums.
As such, West 7th Smiles delivers:
- Invisalign clear braces for straight, healthy smiles without metal brackets and wires
- Professional teeth whitening to remove years of dental stains
- Porcelain veneers, customized ceramic shells that disguise stains, chips, and other flaws
- Cosmetic resin bonding to fill cracks, chips, and gaps
- Complete makeovers to recreate optimal dental health, function, and aesthetics for heavily damaged smiles
Find Your Family Dentist
He’s John G. Boyd DDS. Please contact West 7th Smiles for your first routine visit. We are located in Fort Worth and have appointments convenient for busy family schedules.