A warm smile says things that words are incapable of expressing; when you share a smile with another person, you can automatically create a bond with them and give them a glimpse into your winning personality. But what if your teeth aren’t in the best shape? If you have missing, discolored, chipped, or misshapen chompers, you might hesitate to interact with new people or feel self-conscious all the time. You may be in need of a smile makeover in Forth Worth! When you’re ready to transform the way your teeth look, your dentist will be happy to help you.
What Does a Smile Makeover Accomplish?
The term “smile makeover” is an umbrella phrase that refers to any process that dramatically changes the way your teeth look. Its ultimate goal is to provide you with a beautiful set of pearly whites that are also healthy and functional.
This transformative process can address, not just issues that have crept up naturally over your lifetime, but also problems that your previous dentist caused. We hate to admit it, but dental professionals aren’t perfect. You might have undergone a procedure in the past that left you with oral health problems or aesthetic flaws in your teeth. We’ll do our best to fix those issues so you can be proud of your smile again.
What Is Involved in a Smile Makeover?
Exactly what is involved in a smile makeover varies from person to person. After all, everyone has different things that they dislike about the way their teeth look and work.
Some of dental procedures that might be involved in creating your new look include:
- We can send you home with a kit that will dramatically brighten your teeth in just a couple of weeks.
- Porcelain veneers. These thin pieces of porcelain can hide all sorts of cosmetic flaws, including discoloration, cracks, chips, and minor misalignment.
- Dental bonding. Your dentist in Fort Worth can apply a hard resin to your tooth enamel that disguises imperfections and reshapes your teeth.
- To give your teeth back their strength and function, you may need a dental crown or a filling or two.
- Dental implants. These replace entire teeth, from root to crown. They’re very sturdy and look great.
- Gum disease treatment. Gum disease can make your gums ugly and cause you lots of pain and other health problems. Addressing this problem could be a huge part of your makeover.
- Severely crooked teeth are unattractive and can lead to oral health issues. Invisalign uses clear braces to get every part of your smile where it belongs.
How Can I Get Started?
Your smile makeover begins with a visit to your cosmetic dentist in Fort Worth. The two of you will discuss your smile goals and the timeline for achieving your new look. You’ll also discuss such things as cost, dental insurance, and the pros and cons of any treatment you might undergo.
About the Dentist
Dr. John Boyd has decades of experience in dentistry, and he doesn’t shrink back from challenges. Whatever is wrong with your teeth, he will do all he can to help. If you would like to talk about getting a smile makeover in Fort Worth, please contact our office at 817-882-8282.