For as long as you can remember, you’ve wanted to radiant white teeth. You’ve been diligent in brushing and flossing twice a day, but no matter what toothpaste or over-the-counter (OTC) products you use, you just can’t get the results you want. From strips to gels and to adventuresome home remedies like oil pulling, you’ve tried it all, but nothing you’ve tried is able to conquer the coffee stains. Rather than wasting your time and money, your dentist in Fort Worth has options that will give you the perfect smile you’ve been dreaming of. Find out why OTC toothpastes aren’t effective and what you can do instead from the team at West 7th Smiles.
Why Are Whitening Toothpastes Ineffective?
As your trustworthy Fort Worth dentist, Dr. John Boyd explains that over-the-counter whitening toothpastes don’t provide the results you deserve for a few reasons:
- Nearly all toothpastes can claim to lighten your teeth since the vast majority of them contain mild abrasives that are designed to polish your pearly whites.
- Whitening toothpastes that do not contain any real lightening agents are only able to somewhat address surface stains by scrubbing them away.
- Some over-the-counter whitening toothpastes that are formulated with hydrogen peroxide as a lightener have minimal potency simply because they’re not prescription strength – this is similar to the difference between a medicine like Tylenol for migraines and Imitrex or other painkillers your doctor can prescribe.
While you may see some subtle improvements, whitening toothpastes that have hydrogen peroxide usually only improve the color of your dentitions by 1 shade (at most), but professional treatments from Dr. Boyd can lighten your smile by up to 8 shades.
How Is Professional Teeth Whitening Superior To Whitening Pastes?
Since you’ll be under the care of a consummate professional who has access to potent, yet safe lighteners, our at-home teeth whitening kits are superior for several reasons:
- The trays that are made just for you keep saliva away from your teeth, which is important since this lubricant basically waters down the effectiveness of the lightening gel.
- The custom fit protects your gums and lips from the effects of the whitening agent and keeps the gel exactly where it should be – only in contact with your teeth.
- You can get the results you want from the comfort of your very own home – just wear the trays for a short period of time each day and be amazed by the positive changes in just 1-2 weeks.
- Since our products actually work, you’ll save time and money, rather than wasting your resources without getting the improvements you want.
Now that you know why whitening toothpastes just don’t work – and what you can do about it – schedule your appointment with West 7th Smiles today to make your teeth sparkle!